Monday, April 27, 2009

Obama Crowned With Thorns

There's a lot happening this week. Apparently, Obama is named the new messiah, as a painting to be unveiled on the 29th this month will depict him with outstretched arms wearing a crown of thorns. You can read the whole story here:

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=96138

I don't think I even have to point out the sacrilegious idea being portrayed here. But I did want to talk about something I've been putting off.

A lot of my friends, family, and fellow bloggers have begun to think that maybe Obama is the antichrist. With a story like this, it's not too hard to believe.

But I just don't think the antichrist will be like this. I haven't heard too many speeches by the man (I try to avoid listening to him). I have read quotes, often ones from news casters who are salivating at his feet. I really don't hear him saying anything profound. I mean he's not the kind of person I'd describe as 'inspiring'.

Obama is part of a fad. He's a sensation. But it's not he himself that is sensational. He represents a movement towards liberal ideas, but by himself he is nothing. I don't think that's what the antichrist will be like. I think the antichrist will tempt even great Christians to follow him… because he himself will evoke a sort of inspiration and pride.

Obama—no, he's just a guy who was in the right place at the right time. The kind of anti-religious pictures mentioned in the story above (this is only one of many) are created by anti-religious artists. He's not turning people away from religion, he's gathering the people who are already against religion. Including the millions of people who identify themselves as Catholics but aren't really Catholic at all.

I would repeat something I said in an earlier post: Lines Are Being Drawn!

We're not really preparing for battle. Maybe we will soon. But for now we're making it clear who is on whose side. The Church is beginning to awaken from the long sleep. The shepherd is calling the flock. Are you a lamb or a wolf?

No comments:

Post a Comment